TeenTix LA - Marketing Intern Opening - Summer 2021
TeenTix LA a project of Community Partners
Seeking a current college student to support a brand new arts access initiative in Los Angeles.
This position provides marketing support to TeenTix LA, a brand new arts access and engagement program for ages 13-19 in Los Angeles County that will officially be launching later this year. You will help develop a social media strategy for the program, support graphic design needs, and help with website upkeep.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented person who is enthusiastic about the arts and interested in promoting youth arts participation. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to contribute to making our program better, whether it’s by updating our calendar, talking to students about the program, or participating in long-term planning discussions. Your level of interest and engagement will determine your level of involvement.
- Creating a social media calendar/strategy and regularly updating the TeenTix LA Instagram & Facebook accounts
- Assisting with creating of basic promotional and marketing materials
- Supporting the upkeep of the brand new TeenTix LA website
- Supporting the creation of weekly e-newsletter
- Regular check-in and communication with TeenTix LA Program Director
- Additional administrative support as needed REQUIRED
- Stellar attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic, high level of personal accountability
- Ability to work independently, great follow-through
- Interest in the arts and in promoting youth arts participation
- Excellent written communication/editing skills
- Knowledge/interest in social networking sites (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Knowledge of Canva
- Graphic design skills
- Creative writing skills
- Funny meme/GIF-seeking skills
- Interest in non-profit arts management, interest in contributing to larger programmatic goals
- Arts administration
- Website content management (a highly transferable skill!)
- Arts promotion techniques
- Social networking
- You will be a fount of knowledge about arts events happening in the city and all of your
friends will be super impressed
- You get to work with fun people who care a lot about art and youth empowerment
- You get to help make the world a better place
The Internship will be part-time - approximately 8-10 hours (to be determined) a week for college credit. The position will be virtual.
Please email Allison Whorton, TeenTix LA Program Director, at [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. We’re accepting applications through Friday, July 9. We can’t wait to hear from you!